With every kind of celebration there is always cake…so why cant we celebrate and rejoice at the coming of the blessed Ramadan with cake?
A sweet association, a happy memory and something fun to with the kids this Ramadan.
Here is the recipe for the super yummy Nutella cake I made with my children this Ramadan. We loved it and I am sure you will too!
4 medium eggs
200g self-raising flour
1/2 a teaspoon baking powder
Nestle chocolate Buttons (White Chocolate)
Cadburys chocolate buttons (Milk Chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/F/Gas Mark 4, grease & line a 9 inch cake tin (we used a cute heart shaped one) with grease proof paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk (let the kids do this bit, they will love it) all the ingredients together using an electric hand whisk (…oh how these hand whisks make baking easier with kids). Once fully combined, pour the mixture in to the cake tin.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes and springy to touch.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack, but not fully as we need to cover with a thin layer of Nutella and it melts much more nicely if the cake is slightly warm.
- Cover the cake with a thin layer of Nutella.
- Let the children decorate and have fun, join in with them and make it memorable.
- We used chocolate buttons to decorate, but you can use anything you like. The cake isn’t too chocolaty so having the chocolate button on them was quite nice and gave the cake a little more sweetness.
- Most importantly, have fun! Even if the kitchen does get a little messy while making the cake, don’t worry the main thing is your making a memory… the kitchen can always be cleaned up afterwards.
- Finally, give the kids their cake and wait for the kids to go to sleep to enjoy yours. lol
Do let me know if you do make this one or any other ‘Ramadan Cake’, I would love to see your kids fun creations Insha’Allah.